Saturday, May 14, 2011

Meet Grace Blakley































I just love this little face. I look at it and I ALMOST forget the last nine months of being sick and uncomfortable...and the 12 hours of labor...and the 4 botched epidural attempts. Whew! Its finally over!

Our beautiful baby Grace was born Friday May 13, 2011 at almost 6pm. She weighs 6 lbs. 13 oz. and is 20 1/2" long.


Labor and delivery went smoothly and we are both healthy and feeling great. We are all excited to take her home and have a new baby at the house. Hallie and Madilyn love her to death. Hallie decided that she liked having a new sister. We are excited about that because for a couple of days she didn't know if a new baby in the family was such a hot idea! She had realized that a new baby meant more work for the oldest child. Madilyn thinks that the baby is cute because everyone says that Grace looks just like her. Carson thinks that "pink babies" are OK, but he hasn't seemed to care much one way or the other.


We are so thankful for the opportunity that our Heavenly Father gives us to care for and love his children. What a blessing it is to have such a beautiful new baby in our family!

5 comments:

Shantel said...

Congrats!!! Your labor sounds horrible, but I'm glad she's here and you're both doing well. You look great! She's a cutie!!!!

Steve and Jeanine said...

She's so adorable! I better be careful with all these cute babies around! Steve won't be happy if I get baby hungry:) I'm glad you guys are all doing well. Let me know if you need anything.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

She is so adorable and I have to agree, she looks just like Madeline. You have beautiful kids. I can't wait to meet her in person!

Miller Family said...

Congratulations on beautiful baby Grace! I am so sorry to hear that your labor wasn't the greatest, but it is so worth all of that, when you look at her beautiful innocent face.
You are a wonderful mommy and your children are darling!
Congratulations again!

Hil said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations!!! 12 hours of LABOR?! Bless your little heart. I hope things are going well. So glad she is here blessing your sweet family.